If you’re going to convince people to read the sequences, you should be able to say something useful about them.
You should read…
If you’re going to read just two sequences, please read:
- Challenging the Difficult  (regarding doing the impossible)
This is about a half hour of reading, and a good 40% of the value of the sequences.
- Death Spirals  (About resisting the pull of overwhelmingly pleasant-feeling ideas)
That’s about 2 hours of reading, and combined with above is a good 80% of the benefit of the sequences.
My Full Recommendations List
Book I: Map and Territory
- Fake Beliefs (9)
- Noticing Confusion (10)
- Mysterious Answers (16)
Book II: How to Actually Change Your Mind
Against Rationalization (14)
Against Doublethink (6)
Death Spirals (21)
Letting Go (9)
Book VI: Becoming Stronger
- Yudkowsky’s Coming of Age (12)
- Challenging the Difficult (7)
- The Twelve Virtues of Rationality
- The Third Alternative
- Living in Many Worlds
- My Childhood Role Model
These are 108 posts in total. Assuming it takes 10 minutes to read each post, that’s about 18 hours of reading. That’s a lot.